Follow by Email

Thursday, April 5, 2007

Seat Belts and Helmet Laws

Okay, so this one is not about food, but I heard this on the news this morning and it's really bugging me. Our illustrious state legislators (MO) are about to send 2 new bills for our idiot governor to sign into law. The first one is a helmet law that says people in Missouri will now get to ride their motorcycles without a helmet. So be it, if that is their choice, I say let them live with it. The other law is a seat belt law. They are going to make it easier for the cops to ticket people for not driving with seat belts on. Is it just me, or is this a little contradictory? Stricter seat belt laws and looser helmet laws just does not make sense to me. Maybe the next thing they can tackle is allowing mounted automatic weapons on the outside of your vehicle.

No comments: