Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Pistachio Heaven

My Mom makes this great pistachio pudding dessert that is so addictive and has become one of my favorites. I finally got the recipe from her and prepared it for dinner with friends. Needless too say, it was a huge hit and is so very easy to make. I guess you could use any pudding flavor in this recipe, but I love the flavor of the pistachio and Heath bars together.

Pistachio Heaven

1 pre-baked angel food cake
2 (3.4 oz.) boxes instant pistachio flavored pudding
1 (12 oz.) container Cool-Whip, thawed ( I used lite)
4 Heath Bars, crushed

Cut or tear the angel food cake into bite size pieces and place in bottom of 9x13 cake pan. Make pudding according to box directions and pour over cake. Cover and place in refrigerator until pudding is set. Spread with Cool-Whip and sprinkle with crushed candy bars. Serve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh My God! I hate that stuff...you just brought back a really bad memory of the first time she made it and I took a bite!!! Yuck!!!!

Gina