Thursday, December 4, 2008

Chicken Noodle Soup

I recently purchased Tyler Florence's new book Dinner At My Place and so far have not been disappointed. The cook book is full of what look like some great recipes. I prepared this chicken soup the other night and it was good and simple. using a store bought rotisserie chicken makes this one a no brainer.

Chicken Noodle Soup

1 store bought deli roast chicken
2 Qts. cold water
2 carrots, washed and sliced into circles
3 celery ribs, roughly chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
1/4 bunch fresh thyme sprigs (4 sprigs), leaves only
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 cups dried pasta noodles
1/2 lemon, juice only
1/4 bunch fresh parsley (about 4 sprigs), roughly chopped

Place chicken in large stockpot and add water, carrot, celery, onion, garlic and thyme. Place over medium heat and slowly bring to a boil to extract flavors of chicken. Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes, then remove chicken. Remove meat from chicken; shred meat. Discard bones and skin. Season chicken stock in pot with salt and pepper; add chicken and pasta. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked. Finish with lemon juice and parsley.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Yum, this soup looks delicious and I love that it uses a deli roasted chicken, how easy is that! I've never heard of Tyler Florence but another blog that I follow made his potato salad this week as well! http://livinginthekitchenwithpuppies.blogspot.com/2008/11/all-in-family-tylers-wifes-moms-potato.html
So twice in one week... his cookbook must be pretty good; I think I am going to order it. Until then I think I am going to try your soup recipe, perfect weather for it! ;-)

cookinginkc said...

Tyler Florence is one of my favorite cooks on Food TV. He has a show called Tyler's Ultimate and some very good cook books.