Thursday, December 6, 2007

Meatballs in Tomato Sauce


Since today was a snow day, I took a personal day from work. When you live north of the river and work in Lee's Summit, the drive can be a little on the scary side. Plus I need to get ready for a party we are throwing on Saturday for some of our neighbors! I decided to make my meatballs in tomato sauce. When they were done I put them in the freezer, so all I have to do Saturday is thaw them and place them in the crock pot. This recipe is one that I adapted from my mother.



Meatballs


3 lbs. lean ground beef
2 eggs
1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
3 Tbsp. fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. salt
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 Tbsp. olive oil

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix the ingredients in a large bowl, roll into 1-1/2" balls. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the meatballs, in batches, cooking until browned on all sides. Remove meatballs to baking dishes. When all the meatballs are browned, place into heated oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove to plates lined with paper towels to drain. Add to prepared tomato sauce.

No comments: