Friday, February 22, 2008

Panera Bread at 311 NE Englewood Road

Panera Bread is one of my favorite places to eat for "fast food". Unfortunately, the one that recently opened by my house has been a disappointment. The last few times that we have eaten there have left us wandering what's going on. The service is slow and the people working there have no customer service skills. I have never experienced these types of issues at other Panera's and wander if it's a Northland thing.
We stopped in last night and the gal behind the counter clearly did not want to be there and don't get me started on the two buffoons preparing the food. They were way to busy talking to one another to worry about the food they were serving. When I got home with my food the order was screwed up and there was food in the bag that we did not order and food missing. They weren't even working on any other orders, how hard is it to get this right!
I called the store and talked with Kevin who was apologetic and offered me free food. At this point I'm a little leery of going back. Good customer service is so easy to provide, but if it's not taught or enforced it doesn't matter.
People really do need to demand better service. You can be positive about it and let people know what you expect. When you eat at Panera, you expect just a little more from them. I hope they get their act together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, this is the type of experience I've had every time I visited a Panera. I've had slow and poor service at any location I've gone to (Iowa, Omaha, and KC). I only go there if I must (ie. the people I'm with want to go).