Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Mashed Potatoes

On Sunday night, I decided to make meat loaf for dinner and thought that mashed potatoes would be a good go along. I rarely ever make them, in fact I can count on one hand the times that I have made them as an adult. It's not that they are to make, I'm just a little lazy. My little sister got me a nice new ricer and I decided to try it out for this dish. My mom always made them with the old fashioned hand masher and I still prefer them with those little lumps of potato.

Mashed Potatoes

2 lbs. red potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
4 cloves of roasted garlic
1/2 cup skim milk
3 Tbsp. butter
1/4 freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped

Boil the potatoes until tender. Drain and pass through ricer along with roasted garlic. Add milk, butter, cheese, salt and pepper and parsley. Stir to combine and serve.

No comments: