Monday, April 7, 2008

Mocha Angel Cake


This recipe was given to me by someone at my old job. I was told that the cake was wonderful and would be a favorite. It did not go over to well at my house. My icing did not turn out right, although the flavor was good, it just kind of slid of the cake. The cake itself was okay, but I prefer a plain angel food.
Mocha Angel Cake
1 package (16 0z) white angel food cake mix
1 Tbsp. cocoa
1 1/2 cups cold coffee
1 package (2.8 oz) whipped topping mix
4 Tbsp. powdered sugar
4 tsp. cocoa
Prepare cake mix as directed on package, except stir cocoa into dry cake mix and substitute cold coffee for water. Bake and cool as directed.
prepare topping mix as directed on package, except use skim milk and stir in sugar and cocoa during last minute of beating. Spread onto cool cake, serve.

No comments: