Friday, April 11, 2008

Spice Rubbed Pork Tenderloin

I'm actually posting on the same night that I cooked! With my new job taking all my time, I have hardly been able to cook, let alone sit at the computer and write about it. This week, I'm only working 9 hour days as opposed to 10 hours so I have a little extra time. I actually wanted to grill out tonight, but it was way too windy and cold. I decided to prepare the pork loin inside and create a rub for it. It turned out perfect, just the right amount of heat and salt.

Spice Rubbed Pork Tenderloin

1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. aleppo pepper
1 1-lb. pork tenderloin
2 Tbsp. olive oil

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the first 6 ingredients and rub over entire pork tenderloin. Heat a cast iron skillet to medium heat; add olive oil. When oil is hot add meat and brown on all sides. Place skillet in oven and cook for 15 minutes. Let the tenderloin rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Nice to be registered on cookinginkc.blogspot.com. My little name is maxizhu ;-)