Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A Man & His Meatballs


Anyone who knows me knows I love to read as much as I like to cook. I have a large collection of cookbooks, some very old, that I love to read. Whenever I come across a book with recipes like Under the Tuscan Sky, I am in heaven. I was in the bookstore last week and saw this book A Man & His Meatballs and was pleased to see not only great looking recipes, but a memoir on how John LaFemina opened his Manhattan restaurant Apizz. Of coarse the book is much cheaper online, so I sent away for it. The memoir is 81 pages , so it is a quick read and I completed it the day it arrived. It's funny and informative. The recipes look great and I can't wait to try out some of the soup recipes. I will definitely check this place out next time I'm in New York. Gina, go and check this place out. It's on Eldridge Street on the Lower East Side. The web address for the restaurant is http://apizz.com/.

No comments: