Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Curry Chicken Salad


Last night I was looking for something light and easy to prepare for dinner and this is what I came up with. I had some frozen chicken that was leftover from a rotisserie chicken and thought chicken salad sounded good. I used white grapes in this recipe because that is what I had, red work well too and add some color to an otherwise plain dish. I served it on top of spelt tortillas with lettuce and topped it with fresh chopped tomatoes.
Curry Chicken Salad
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
1/2 cup light Miracle Whip
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup seedless grapes, sliced
2 oz. lightly toasted slivered almonds
1 tsp. mild curry powder
salt and pepper
Place first 6 ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

No comments: