Thursday, June 14, 2007

Marinated Flank Steak

Last week I bought a flank steak by mistake. I thought I needed it for a recipe I was going to try, but it was the wrong type of steak. Never cooking with one before, I decided to grill it. I went through the fridge looking for something to marinate it with and this is what I came up with. It turned out really nice and flavorful and I will use it again.

Marinated Flank Steak

1 cup vegetable broth
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp. prepared yellow mustard
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper
1 lb. flank steak

Mix the first 4 ingredients together in a large resealable bag, add the steak. Allow to marinate for 2 hours. Grill steak to desired temperature. Remove to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes. Slice against the grain and serve.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I love flank steak - mainly because it's so good rare with a good red wine! I too have a recipe for this stuff - I got it from 30 minutes meals and I serve it with wasabi mashed potatoes.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_33264,00.html

cookinginkc said...

I agree, I served it rare and I was surprised at how good it tasted.