Sunday, March 18, 2007

Chicken Pot Pie


Last week, I had such a bad cold and needed comfort food. I decided to make an easy pot pie that I had made in the past, I just changed it up a bit. The chicken I used came from the organic grocer, it was an All Natural Rotisserie Campo Lindo chicken and I used a different base than usual. I found this Creamy Chicken soup from Imagine Organic at the same shop and thought it would be great. I used a mixture of corn, peas and baby Lima beans for the veggies. This one is definetly a keeper.

Chicken Pot Pie

2 cups cooked chicken
2 cups frozen vegetables
1 cooked carrot, diced
1 (32 oz) box Creamy Chicken Soup
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp. Italian Seasonings
1 cup Reduced-fat all-purpose baking mix (like Bisquick)
1/2 cup skim milk
1 egg

Heat oven to 450 degrees. Mix chicken, vegetables and soup in a large sauce pan and bring to a simmer. In a bowl, mix baking mix, milk and egg until combined. Pour chicken mixture into 2 qt. round baking dish. Pour baking mix over the top of the chicken mix. Bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.

No comments: