Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Tangy Pineapple Icing


This is the icing for the Triple Coconut Cake. You only need to drizzle a small amount onto the cake, a little goes a long way in flavor.

Tangy Pineapple Icing

2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 Tbsp. light corn syrup
1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
2 tsp. lime zest , minced
1 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup sugar
pinch of salt

Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl. Boil pineapple juice, sugar and salt in a saucepan over high heat until reduced to 1/2 cup. Pour syrup mixture over powdered sugar mixture and stir. ( can be made 1 day ahead of time. Keep at room temperature; thin with lime juice if necessary).

1 comment:

Mirandalovestocook said...

I am so thankful you have this on here.. I am planning on making it today at my mother's and I left the recipe at home!! I will be very happy making this from your blog haha thanks!