Thursday, January 4, 2007

Dreamgirls

Okay folks, this one is not about food. I went to see Dreamgirls this weekend and if you have not seen it, you need too. Jennifer Hudson as Effie is worth the price of admission alone. Her version of And I'm Telling You is truly one of the most incredible scenes to make it to the big screen. She also does a phenomenal job of acting and should be nominated for Best Actress.

The rest of the cast does a fine job, especially Eddie Murphy. Who knew he could sing like that! Much better than his Party All The Time days. I would definitely see this one again! A very moving film with some of the best performances.

1 comment:

Rachel Rubin said...

I'm dying to see this one too! I better hurry so I see it while it is still in theaters. We were supposed to go Christmas Day but that didn't work out.

Thanks for adding Rachel's Bite as a favorite. I've added Cooking in Kansas City as a favorite as well.