Monday, January 1, 2007

New Year's Eve Dinner

This year we celebrated New Year's Eve with my Mom and my son Ryan, both in town for the holidays. The menu included Standing Rib Roast, Oven Roasted Asparagus, Mixed Green Salad, Popovers, Potato Casserole, Lemon Cream Gelato and Panettone. All went well for the most part.

I had everything planned out and even the times written on the recipes as to when to start each item. Since I did not have a recipe for the potatoes, I forgot to make them. Dan asked about them about the same time the popovers were to go into the oven. I hastily put the casserole together and put it into the small side oven that we were going to use for the asparagus. The rib roast was a little rare for our liking so we sliced off the ends and put it back into the oven. I did not have a popover pan so I used a muffin pan, you don't get the same results. They tasted fine, they just did not popover.

The dinner went well and the desserts were great. The company was even better! It was a great way to end the year and look forward to the next! I will have the recipes to the dinner in follow up posts.

No comments: