Saturday, February 3, 2007

Succotash

Late Saturday morning Dan and I decided to have a little brunch. We stopped in at Succotash at 15 E. 3 in the River Market. We had eaten there once before and thought we would go back. The place is fun and funky with really good food and good service too. Dan ordered the Cake & a Smile, which was a plate size pancake with 2 eggs for eyes and a bacon mouth. He had his made with the Cake of the Day, blueberry. It was very good and of coarse way too much food. I had the Veggie Wrap, which was 2 scrambled eggs, succotash, sun-dried tomato tampenade in a spinach wrap. This is what I had the other time, I wanted to branch out, but I remembered how good the succotash tasted and that was all she wrote. We split an order of house fries. They were nice wedges of fried potatoes without being too greasy. I had coffee and Dan had orange juice. The entire meal was under $20. It's a nice place to check out. When the weather turns warm you can sit outside and enjoy the goings on in the market.

No comments: