Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Garlic Chicken and Wine


This recipe comes from a very funny book by the very funny and strange Amy Sedaris. The book is full of real recipes and funny craft ideas and anecdotes. It is called I Like You by Amy Sedaris Hospitality Under the Influence. It's kind of like Martha Stewart on crack. My favorite section is called "Panty Hose Crafts and Good Ideas". My son gave this to me for Christmas and I finally got down to making a recipe from the book and it turned out well. The flavor was really good and the chicken was very moist. I peeled my garlic, but that was the only change and I added the optional mushrooms. I did not use butter, because there was nothing in the instructions about it and I seasoned my chicken with salt and pepper before browning. You can go to http://www.amysedarisrocks.com/ for recipes, pics and audio.

Garlic Chicken and Wine

You will need:
One chicken , cut up
Bottle of dry white wine
Head of garlic
Salt and pepper
Oil and butter
Tiny amount of flour
1/3 cup of milk

Put some oil in a deep pot. Brown chicken pieces in batches until tanned. Remove chicken pieces to a plate. Keeping the pot over the heat, an the unpeeled garlic cloves and stir around. Return chicken to the pot and sprinkle a little flour on top. Pout in 1/2 bottle of white wine. Reduce heat and simmer on low for 45 minutes or until chicken is tender. Season with salt and pepper. During the simmering time, you can add 1/3 cup of milk. You may also add mushrooms at the end of cooking time, if desired.
Oil and butter

1 comment:

Rachel Rubin said...

Martha Stewart on crack? That is hysterical! I totally is like that . . . or maybe Martha Stewart on 'shrooms.