Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Beef Brownies

Okay, I am getting nauseous just thinking about this recipe. I came across it in one of those plastic bound cookbooks that you see from churches or PTA's and thought I had to share it with all of you. As a child, I remember my Great Grandmother, Nanny, bringing a mincemeat pie. I always thought they sounded disgusting. The fact that her mean husband George actually prepared them, made the thought of tasting them even more horrifying. Anyway, these brownies call for mincemeat, Yucko!!

Beef Brownies

1/2 cup margarine
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup mincemeat
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 squares chocolate, melted
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp. salt

Cream together margarine and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each. Add the rest of the ingredients. Pour into a 9x12 greased baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gah!!!! Remember those terrible raisin cookies he made and our ex-aunt Sue tried to make us eat???

Gina

cookinginkc said...

They were/are both terrible gross people!! Those cookies were godawful!