Monday, October 15, 2007

Hickory Plank Salmon w/ Spicy Mustard Sauce



Last night I used a hickory plank to grill some salmon and it was really good. The hickory wood gave a nice smoky flavor to the fish without overpowering it. I made a sauce for the salmon that I drizzled over the fish about 5 minutes before taking it off of the grill and then placed the rest on the table if anyone wanted extra. I combined 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons of apple jelly and 1/2 teaspoon of chili puree in a small bowl and stirred until combined. After grilling the fish with the mustard sauce, I topped it with fresh chopped chives and served. This is the easiest way to grill fish in my opinion and the cleanup is a snap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is excellent! I couldn't find cedar, only hickory for my salmon. My whole family was skeptical, but found this recipe, and it was an instant hint. Hickory gives a much milder flavor but the sauce brings out the subtle flavor and is perfect with the salmon-Thanks for the recipe!