Monday, October 8, 2007

Lemon-Chili Grilling Sauce


This is a great recipe to top grilled chicken or fish with. First, grill the meat and then add the sauce at the end of the grilling time. I flattened out some chicken breasts then coated them with sauce prior to removing them from the grill. You can also serve it at the table to add a little extra flavor. I used a chili puree that I bought at an Italian grocery, the brand is Gia and it comes in an 80g tube, like toothpaste. I used 1/2 Tbsp. in my recipe, but feel free to use more if you prefer yours spicier.


Lemon- Chili Grilling Sauce

Juice of 1 large lemon
Zest of 1/2 lemon, grated
2 Tbsp. water
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 Tbsp. chili puree
2 tsp. paprika
1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
1/2 tsp. salt

Combine ingredients and whisk together.

No comments: