Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Governor Stumpy's Grill House


Friday night, Dan and I were meeting up with Ron and Brian at Brian's new house in Waldo. It's a great bungalow style house on a nice street in a great section of town. We discussed dinner options, Waldo Pizza or Governor Stumpy's. As much as I love Waldo Pizza, I really wanted to go to Stumpy's. When Dan and I lived in the area we ate there once a week and we really missed the place. It is one of my favorite places to eat in KC with a great menu, good prices and the service is excellent.
We started out with the Spinach Cheese Dip($6.95), a good mix of cheese and spinach served with tortilla chips, salsa and sour cream. I had a hard time trying to decide on what to get, but I ended up choosing my favorite, Crispy Chicken Platter($9.95). It comes with strips of lightly battered chicken, excellent seasoned fries, honey mustard and these incredible cinnamon apples. I love this dish!! Dan ordered the Chicken Breast Sandwich($7.15), a grilled breast of chicken on a bun, with your choice of sides. Brian had the Rib Eye($14.95), a grilled rib eye covered in melted blue cheese butter, served with veggies, garlic bread and garlic mashed potatoes. A great meal for the price. Ron had the Fish and Chips($9.95), lightly battered fried cod strips served with seasoned fries, cole slaw and tartar sauce.
We had a great meal and even better fellowship. Sharing a good dinner with friends is what life is all about. The restaurant is located at 321 East Gregory(corner of Gregory and Oak) KCMO 64114 816-444-2252 http://www.governorstumpys.com/.

No comments: