Thursday, August 16, 2007

Ristorante Pizzeria Cellini Fllorence, Italy


When I started this blog, one of my intentions was to post about past dining experiences I have had. When I travel, I try to take notes on what we see, where we go and what we eat. One of my most favorite places to visit, is Florence Italy. I find it to be so beautiful and there is so much to see and do there. Both times we have been there, we have eaten at Ristorante Pizzeria Cellini. The food and the service are both wonderful. Like most restaurants in Italy you sit outside and here, you sit on a deck that looks out onto the Piazza Del Mercato Centrale. During the day it is filled with all types of vendors with everything from leather to t-shirts and packed with people. And just across from the ristorante is the huge indoor food market that houses the most amazing foods you can imagine. The upper floor is filled with beautiful and amazing produce and the lower level houses the butchers and cheeses, quite a wonderful sight to behold.


Cellini offers a large and varied menu. When we took my son there in the Spring of 2003, we ordered lots of food. We had wonderful green beans with lemon and garlic,prosciutto and melon, creamy tomato soup, calzones and pizza, caprese and pasta. And of coarse we drank lots of red house wine that goes down like Kool-Aid. I think the food in Italy tastes so much better than the food here. They serve everything fresh and in season and the tomatoes are truly incredible.


If you go to Florence make sure and check this place out. They are very friendly and the menus are in both Italian and English. They are located in Piazza Del Mercato Centrale 17R. Phone number 055/291541 http://www.ristorantecellini.com/ .

No comments: