Friday, December 7, 2007

Beef and Noodles


This is one of those easy kind of recipes that Sandra Lee would prepare. I almost redid my kitchen to match my outfit while I cooked it. Since I was home getting ready for the party, I decided to find something I could stick in the crock pot. After going through my cabinets and freezer, this is what I came up with.

Beef and Noodles

1/4 cup all-purpose

2 lbs. beef stew cut in 1-inch cubes

1 Tbsp. olive oil

1 (18 oz) can Creamy Mushroom Soup (like Progresso)

1 (12 oz) jar fat-free beef gravy

1 cup milk

1 envelope onion soup mix

1/2 cup red wine

1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed

hot cooked noodles

Place flour in large resealable plastic bag, season with salt and pepper and add beef. Toss to coat. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat, brown beef in batches. Transfer to 5qt. slow cooker. Add red wine to skillet, stir to de-glaze pan and add to crock pot. Add soup, gravy, milk and soup mix to crock pot and stir. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours. Add thawed vegetables and cook another 15 minutes. Serve over noodles.

No comments: