Monday, January 7, 2008

Chicken Pasta w/Sun-dried Tomatoes

I came across this recipe in my February 2008 Cuisine at Home. The recipe called for pappardelle pasta, but my store did not have it, I used a nice wide fettuccine instead and it worked perfectly. I changed the recipe a little, they call for using 2 thick slices of bacon and I used pancetta instead. This was a nice pasta that reminded us of eating stroganoff.

Chicken Pasta w/Sun-Dried Tomatoes
8 oz. dry pappardelle or fettuccine
3 oz. slice of pancetta, cubed
1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and minced
3 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite size pieces (12 oz)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta. Cook pasta according to directions, drain and set aside.
Saute pancetta in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and cook for 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, chicken, garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until garlic starts to brown, 1 minute.
Deglaze with wine, scraping bottom of skillet. Stir in broth, cream and pasta and bring to a simmer. Cook until sauce thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Top with dried parsley and freshly grated cheese is so desired.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Loved the look of this, so tried a variation of it. Subbed the pasta for whole wheat, flat noodles. Also did not use high dairy fats to thicken sauce. It had a much lighter consistency, and I bet would be really good during the summer.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for posting this. I love this recipe, and I've lost this issue!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for posting this. I love this recipe, and I've lost this issue!