Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Ranch Chicken Pizza


I came across this recipe while looking up a recipe on the Internet for my mom. It looked pretty interesting, so I decided to try it out last night. The recipe called for a 3 ounce package of cream cheese, which I never even knew existed.
The pizza turned out really good. I think the roasted red peppers really made the pizza taste great. Their recipe called for a 2 1/4 ounce can of sliced ripe olives which I omitted, I also added some chili puree to my mixture to spice it up just a little bit. This recipe came from the Hidden Valley people and calls for the original dressing, I used the light version on my pizza.
Ranch Chicken Pizza
1/2 cup light Ranch reduced fat dressing
1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
2 Tbsp. tomato paste
1 tsp. chili puree
1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
1 (12 inch) prepared pizza crust
1/2 cup roasted red pepper strips
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup mild Cheddar cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Combine dressing with cream cheese, tomato paste and chili puree. Stir in chicken; spread onto crust. Arrange peppers and onions on pizza; sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 15 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.

No comments: