Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Pan-Roasted Pork Tenderloin

I really wanted to grill out last night, but the weather was a little too cold and windy for me. I had a pork tenderloin thawed, so I grabbed my Joy of Cooking and prepared this recipe. It's actually very simple and the flavor was very good. I did add garlic powder to my recipe, so it can be omitted.


Pan- Roasted Pork Tenderloin

1 pork tenderloin (8-12 oz)
Salt and pepper
Garlic powder
1 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. olive oil
Season the pork with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over high heat; brown the pork on all sides. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, turning a couple of times, until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 155 degrees. Remove to a plate and cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let stand 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. Save pan juices for Mustard Pan Sauce .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful photo - and the combination of flavors sounds so wonderful!