Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Mint Cocktail

I like to go through my collection of old cookbooks to see if I can find interesting recipes. Sometimes I come across some strange ones like this mint cocktail. When I saw the recipe, I just thought"wow, this is really a stretch and did people really serve this". This was listed under a menu for holiday dinners as an appetizer. The recipe comes from a 1935 Women's Guild of the First Presbyterian Church of Wilkes-Barre, PA. Cook Book.

Mint Cocktail

1 can grapefruit
3 oranges
1/4 lb. after dinner mints

Cut the grapefruit into small cubes, remove the pulp of the oranges and cut into small pieces. Break the mints into tiny pieces and mix with the fruit before serving, keeping in a cold place. Serve in sherbet or cocktail glasses and sprinkle with powdered sugar.

No comments: