Friday, June 8, 2007

Carrot Cake

This is one of my favorite cake recipes. My old boss, Judy, used to make this and I got the recipe from her. It's very moist and it does not have raisins!! I hate raisins. At one time in my life I liked them, but then the government gave them to the schools for free back in the sixties and everything had raisins in them. I think they even tried to put them in fish sticks, which are gross in their own pathetic way. But back to the cake, this is a really good one and it's easy to make.

Carrot Cake

1 1/2 cups corn oil
2 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
4 eggs
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1 small can crushed pineapple, drained
3 cups grated carrots

Mix sugar and oil, beat until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat until each is mixed in and batter is creamy. Combine flour, salt, soda and cinnamon. Add to creamy mixture. Add carrots and pineapple. Bake in 15 x 18 pan at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until tests done. Cake can be made in 3 9-inch round pans, baked for 30 minutes. When cool ice with Cream Cheese Pecan Icing .

No comments: