Friday, June 22, 2007

Eden Alley Cafe

I took the day off yesterday to spend with my son Ryan before he headed back home today. We went to the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art( http://www.nelson-atkins.org/) to check out the new Bloch building. We were impressed with the new building and the great modern art represented there. We both enjoyed the Hallmark Cards Gallery of photography the most. And no trip to the Nelson would be complete without going up to the 2nd floor of the original building and looking at the Thomas Hart Benton paintings. Ryan and I are both huge fans of his. I wanted to eat at Rozelle Court there at the museum, but Ryan had other ideas.
Since we were close to the Plaza and planning on seeing a movie( the new Fantastic 4 Silver Surfer which sucked) , he thought we should eat at Eden Alley. I was all for it, because I love eating there too. They are a vegetarian restaurant and serve some of the most unique dishes around. They also have a killer Hummus. We both had specials, Ryan the Garlic Grilled Cheese which is incredible! I had the vegetarian taco that was served in kale leaves. While not my favorite dish to eat there, it was good. They are located on the lower level of the Unity temple at the SW corner of 47th and Jefferson. http://www.edenalley.com/

No comments: