Friday, June 22, 2007

Sweet and Tangy Balsamic Grilling Sauce

Okay folks, this is the best grilling sauce for chicken that I have ever tried. I was worried that it would be too vinegary, because the house sure was smelly after making it, but the flavor was sweet and tangy. I found this one on the Food TV website and of coarse it was from Giada. She is by far my favorite cook from the Food Network, I have yet made a recipe of hers that was not good. The recipe was on their front page under Top Ten Recipes and it was number one. I've placed the link for her recipe here, she also uses it on steak and her process was different from mine. I made the sauce and let it cool before using it. I brushed it on the chicken as I cooked it and saved some for serving on the side, which was a good idea, because everyone loved it. It would be really good on a rib-eye, which I will try at another time.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_36958,00.html

Sweet and Tangy Balsamic Grilling Sauce

1 cup balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup ketchup
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper

Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and stir until incorporated. Simmer until reduced by 1/3, 15 to 20 minutes. Let the sauce cool and use to brush over chicken.

No comments: