Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Caramel Pecan Pie

When we were down in Florida over Thanksgiving to be with Dad, my Aunt Betty had us over for an early Thanksgiving dinner. My cousin Cindy made this incredible caramel pecan pie. I decided to make my own version of it after looking at several other recipes. Here is the one I made, it was very good! I used a frozen pie crust. You just pour the filling into the frozen crust and bake.

Caramel Pecan Pie

1/2 cup light corn syrup
30 caramels, unwrapped (I used Kraft)
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 large eggs
1 cup pecan halves
1/2 cup pecan pieces
9 inch deep dish pie crust

Preheat oven to 350. Heat corn syrup, caramels and butter over low heat. Stir constantly until the caramels are melted. Combine sugar, salt, vanilla and eggs in a medium bowl. Mix well. Slowly add caramel mixture to egg mixture, stirring well. Stir in pecans. Pour mixture into pie shell and bake 50-55 minute's until brown and puffy.

No comments: